Tuesday, August 18, 2009

An Open Letter to Congressman Anthony Weiner

I emailed this letter to Congressman Weiner this morning. I'll let you know if I receive a response. If anyone has the video from the interview Congressman Weiner did on MSNBC's Morning Joe this morning, please send it to me. In case you're wondering, yes I have moved my position from supporting a "public option" to supporting either a single-payer system (Medicare for all) or a system run entirely by the Federal government (VA for all). Thanks.



Dear Congressman Weiner,

Although I live a very long way from your District, I wanted to write to let you know that I saw your entire interview this morning on MSNBC's Morning Joe. I had wanted to post that interview on my personal blogsite (http://stepford-stories.blogspot.com). However, much to my surprise the video is not available on the MSNBC website.

Your interview was the most inspiring, articulate, and easy to understand argument for why we need either a single-payer healthcare plan or a government run healthcare plan and we need it now.

Please know that there are many average Americans that support your efforts and while we may not be yelling at town hall meetings we are equally as distressed that healthcare reform seems to be slipping through our fingers.

I am but one small voice in an obscure part of the Internet. However, I want desperately to do something to help get accurate and much needed information to everyone who this debate affects - which is all of us. Please keep your much needed efforts and focus going. And please let us know what we can do to help you. We absolutely must win this fight.

You are correct. Healthcare is not a commodity. It is a human right. It should no longer be a privilege of only the wealthy or the employed. Please let us know how we can help. There are many like myself who stand ready if only a clear voice will lead us.

Sincerely,

Kristi Stevens

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

STEPFORD STORIES © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO