Tuesday, January 26, 2010

We Now Return You To Your Regularly Scheduled Programming

I have had one of the most dizzying weeks of my life.

Seldom have I experienced such a wide spectrum of emotions in such a short period of time.

Joy.

Shock.

Grief.

Anger.

Hope.


I've lived enough to know life can be this way. Life can simultaneously offer up a main dish of the wonderful with a side of crap. I just usually see it coming before I take a big 'ole bite.

I know I've left many of you wondering "what the hell?"

Let me share with you the life lessons of which I've been reminded in the last ten days. Perhaps it will provide the needed clarification.


Nine year old girls can do great things, know a great deal about fair play, and often have more character than grown ups.





Twelve year old boys can teach you more about not sweating the small stuff and finding joy in small things than any book I've ever read.





People can look you square in the eye and lie.

I will almost always believe them.

You can wake up in the morning employed and be unemployed before lunch.

I have the ability to be so angry that it makes me physically ill.

I also have the ability to use that same anger to propel me forward in a way I had not previously thought possible.

There are still people in the world who will take a chance on you, even when they have every reason in the world to not do so.

Blood really is thicker than water.

After twenty-one and a half years of marriage, my husband still has the capacity to show me extraordinary kindness and mercy when I need it most.

In short, upon my return last week from my daughter's first national soccer tournament, I had an unexpected change in employment status. And that, is about all I ever want to say about that.

What I do want to add about the last few days is this... the kindness and understanding of the Internet has amazed me once again. This blog has often offered me a place of refuge, comfort, and community.

And it did so once again.

I love you all and will never have enough words to tell you how much.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

STEPFORD STORIES © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO