Thursday, October 29, 2009

Commander and Chief

I cannot presume to know what it must be like to balance our great nation's security against the losses of our blood and treasure.

If my son or daughter were inside this casket, I believe I would take a small measure of comfort that the person whose ultimate decision to send my child to war was willing to witness my child's sacrifice to our country.

I have examined this video very closely. I see no dithering.

Further, I believe anyone with the audacity to suggest that anything less than a thoughtful, intelligent examination of further troop commitments to a place as perilous and politically complicated as Afganistan demonstrates a chilling moral bankruptcy, the likes of which I pray never holds power in our country again.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

STEPFORD STORIES © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO