Tuesday, October 20, 2009

To My Loyal Reader in Lahore, Punjab Pakistan

Dear Reader who visits Stepford Stories from Pakistan,

My Feedjit Traffic Feed says you visit from "Lahore, Punjab". Feedjit is not always 100% accurate, but I assume this is at least your general vicinity. I first became aware of your presence one evening when my husband took a rare glance at my blog. He said, "Who is reading from that little dot?" I looked at the Feedit Geo Map, scrolled the cursor over the dot and said, "Oh, yeah. I'm really big in Punjab."

I thought that was funnier than he did.

I've wondered about you often. Are you male or female? Are you an American in military? Are you an American studying abroad? Are you Pakistani? However, more than wondering about all of that, I have often wondered about your safety. Back in May, I was relieved to see your visit. And especially today as I listened on NPR about the most recent bombings in Lahore, I breathed a sigh of relief to see you were still with me.

I just wanted you to know that I appreciate your visits, your reading of my writing, and that I hope you continue to stay safe in an increasingly dangerous part of the world.

Much love,

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

STEPFORD STORIES © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO