I'm a Reluctant Stepford Wife Who Loves Politics, My Kids, and Social Justice ~ I'm A Yellow Dog Democrat, Martini Lover Extraordinare, and an Irreverent, Sarcastic, and Snarky Hippie Chick ~ I Struggle to Maintain my Liberalism and Raise my Kids with a Social Conscience in the Midst of Land Rovers, Mega Churches, and Jimmy Choos.
Question: Ever wonder what would happen if a small town girl grew up and got everything she thought she ever wanted?
Answer: All hell breaks loose.
And I'm just getting warmed up.
You Know You Want Me - Grab Me
How Stepford Came To Be
Typically, people either get Stepford or they don't. If you get it, you'll like it here. If you don't, you won't and I'll probably irritate the living hell out of you. That's okay. I probably wouldn't care for you either. If you're interested in exactly how, as a writer, Stepford came to be the place that I live then you'll need to read this.
This Site Is Ruled By Me
Welcome to Stepford Stories. On this site, the rules are made by and enforced by me. Why? Because I can. All kinds are welcome here, except for one. No Haters Allowed. I love comments, but if you need to contact me directly just hit the button below. One warning: If you send me hate mail, I reserve the write to publish it and make fun of you. Now, let's have some fun! Best, K
You can play the game and you can act out the part Though you know it wasn't written for you
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ~Albus Dumbledore
This Explains A Lot
This quote by Horace Walpole explains a lot about my life. I am a compulsive thinker and an obsessive feeler.
"Life is a comedy for those who think... and a tragedy for those who feel."
Books That Move
Dance of Anger
How Good Do We Have To Be?
When Bad Things Happen To Good People
Hot, Flat, and Crowded
A Wedding in December
All He Ever Wanted
A Short Guide To a Happy Life
Good Dog, Stay
It's My Life
Remember That When You Talk About It
Rules I Live By
1. Thou shall not speak Redneck.
2. When you can walk in heels, you can wear them.
3. Do not phone stalk. I am not deaf.
4. There is no such thing as a "bra top". It's a bra and you're wearing it without a top.
5. There is no circumstance that exists where my eyes should see your thong.
6. If you wax, I don't need to know.
7. If you need to wax, please do.
8. Paint your toenails - often.
9. Respect my personal space. If I can hear you breathing, you're too close.
10. If you hate me, I can live without knowing it and you will survive without telling me.
Rules For My Children
1. Pokemon Trainer is not a real profession.
2. There is no profession I will approve of that includes a pole.
3. Sometimes the only way out of something is through it.
4. Life isn’t fair, but you’ve gotten a better start than 99% of the world’s population.
5. Money will not make you happy, but it can make your life a whole lot easier (so work hard).
6. If you’re not getting what you want, trying giving someone else what they want.
7. Sarcasm is encouraged.
8. Gratitude is required.
9. Your life will not turn out how you planned.
10. Number 9 is a good thing.
11. While honesty is the best policy, knowing when to shut up is just as critical.
12. Be kind to wait staff, they have hard jobs and they have control over the food you are going to put in your mouth.
13. Alcohol, a piece of plywood, a flight of stairs and a fire extinguisher should never be used at the same time.
14. Tattoos are permanent, piercing are not.
15. Vote ... Vote ... Vote ... Vote!
The Stepford Wives
"When you come back, there will be a woman with my name and my face, she'll cook and clean like crazy, but she won't take pictures and SHE WON'T BE ME!" ~Joanna Eberhart
"I'm also an ex-Gothamite, who's been living here in Ajax country for just over a month now, and I'm going crazy. You see doctor, my problem is that given complete freedom of choice, I don't WANT to squeeze the goddamn Charmin!" ~Bobbie Markowe
Visits To Stepford
Thelma and Louise
"You shoot off a guy's head with his pants down, believe me, Texas ain't the place you want to get caught." ~Louise
"I've had it up to my ass with sedate." ~Thelma
It's A Wonderful Life
"Just remember this, Mr. Potter, that this rabble you're talking about... they do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have them work and pay and live and die in a couple of decent rooms and a bath? Anyway, my father didn't think so. People were human beings to him. But to you, a warped, frustrated old man, they're cattle. Well, in my book he died a much richer man than you'll ever be." ~George Bailey
"A conservative is a man who just sits and thinks, mostly sits." ~Woodrow Wilson
"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward." ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
"A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead." ~Leo Rosten
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives." ~John Stuart Mill
"Conservatives define themselves in terms of what they oppose." ~George Will