Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Hater Named Sarah

If profanity offends you, do not read this post. You've been warned.





This was written to me and about me today on DivineCaroline:

"Kristi, you'll never be elected the governor of any state, and won't be so popular for having done such a good job at it either. You'll never go on national TV in front of millions worldwide amidst a media hate campaign and hit a home run with a speech. So you can call her whatever you want. She won't care and neither will anybody else. She is such a threat to you and yours because she actually supports human rights and the health of women and their children. You and yours in the pro abortion lobby, meanwhile, continue to ensure that women will face needless birth defects, depression, breast cancer, suicide, and preterm births in their futures. All for the almighty, very profitable, notion that it is somehow AOK to kill your own child. We understand why you find Sarah Palin and other pro life women like Lila Rose, Gianna Jessen, and Rebecca Kiessling such a threat. Because it is us who are exposing you and yours and all you do to destroy not only babies but women as well."

I actually don't have a huge problem with the first four sentences of this post. If you love Sarah Palin, I'm not for you. You're welcome to love her all you want. I'll be passing on that option.

What has fucking sent me over the edge is the last half of the post. I have taken great pains to never criticize Saint Sarah for her anti-choice stance. Don't get me wrong, I do disagree with her on this point. However, I deeply believe every woman must make these choices for themselves. I strongly believe if there is no choice, then the government is making it on your behalf.

I am not an idiot. I have a deep comprehension about the abortion debate. If you're on the other side, I'm cool with that. What I cannot tolerate is the vitriol with which pro-choice people are routinely attacked (aka Dr. George Tiller). I support a woman's perfectly LEGAL right to choose, or not to choose, an abortion. Period.

Here's the best part. I've requested that this vile, hate filled post be removed. And so far, it has not. I've contacted the editor and received a prompt reply thanking me for my email and letting me know that my request should be sent to the "appropriate person". So, I sent my request again. However, this time I said, "Dear Appropriate Person, Perhaps you missed my first request...."

Fucking super. I just love cowardly anonymous posters who hide behind their keyboards and think they can type whatever they want. They are the cockroaches of the Internet and we are in serious need of an exterminator. (Of course, if I typed that on DivineCaroline it would promptly be deleted by the appropriate person.)

6 Comments:

Contemplations of an Army Wife said...

She can FSO, baby! And her eye is stupid.

Tawnia said...

Thanks I did need the translation :) U know me I didn't even know what an asshat was. lol
Tawnia

Kristi said...

Ha! Well, now thanks to Dana we all know what an asshat is :-). Here's a new one I'm planning on using a lot - COI. Translation: Cockroach of the Internet. K

Kristi said...

And the One-Eyed Wonder continues:

"
Kristi, I accept your white flag. It's not that I'm so smart and you're not. Maybe you could just pause for a moment and consider the fundamental indefensibility of your stance in opposition to human rights - and all the suffering, trauma, cancers, and birth defects it has caused to the survivors of elective abortion, even if you care nothing of the ultimate and immediate victims who end up in the garbage. You can say whatever you want about me. You are the one resorting to name calling - not me. So childish. Medical science is not propaganda. Saying planned parenthood is promoting women's health while it is PROVEN they do the opposite - that is propaganda. Oh, and by the way, how many male governors who ran for president did you EVER say were unqualified. Dukakis ? Romney ? Huckabee ? You never said that any of them were unqualified, did you ? Just the FEMALE governor.."

Oh yeah, that's right... I've never uttered an objection to a former Governor named GEORGE FUCKING BUSH....

Kristi said...

Alright. I'm a bit more sane today (thanks to completing my car purchase). AND, thankfully these offensive and vile comments have been removed from DivineCaroline. My good buddy Hater-Sarah still remains, but with any luck I'll be able to effectuate a modicum of self-control and steer clear of her in the future. COI, indeed!

Jane Lively said...

The rambling logic of that anti-abortion argument has left me baffled. Cancer? Trauma? I don't even want to know.

Can you tell I'm procrastinating today? I think I've read nearly every post under the "You might also like" of your posts. And I've enjoyed every one of them.

xox Jane-who-writes-under-a-pen-name-but-not-to-hide-behind-anonymous-mean-comments-but-to-preserve-my-privacy-locally. I may come out one of these days.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

STEPFORD STORIES © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO